Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Virtual Kelvin Monday

Hi everybody, welcome to the Baller Industries blog. Today, and for a few more days I will be telling you guys about the seven development days behind VIRTUAL KELVIN.


Monday


I had to do quite a few things on Monday. First I needed to buy a plane ticket from Hong Kong to Sydney so that I can hang out with my girlfriend. Then I needed to buy a Vietnamese sandwich because I like to eat them. Finally I needed to go to Tsim Sha Tsui to visit Vishal Nanda to help me write jokes for Virtual Kelvin.


So first I went to some weird apartment building and took the elevator to the 13th floor. Bought the plane ticket for $7800 HKD. Then I went off to buy the sandwich. The store was really nicely decorated, which I believe is a clear sign of a terrible restaurant. If the food was good they wouldn't bother with the decor.


The sandwich was nicely wrapped, it was cut in half. I took a bite, it was ok, but not a great sandwich. Not a banh mi. Then I took the train from Sheung Wan to Tsim Sha Tsui. Walked over to Vishal's house and let myself in.


So I pitched the idea to Vishal and Henrik. They thought it was a GOLDEN idea. In case your wondering, in Virtual Kelvin you say something to Kelvin, then he reacts, after a while you get a score. The score is calculated using a tropical statistical method.


So we sat on the sofa for about half an hour, but did not come up with a single joke. "We better get some lunch after all this hard work" I had already had lunch but I knew the #1 rule of writing jokes. Always eat lunch.


So we went to Yoshinoya, on the way we wrote a few jokes. The first one we wrote was


"Kelvin, today I lost my pants."


We wrote about 28 jokes while at lunch. Then we went off to Sham Shui Po to buy a microphone. Then we went back to Vishal's house, recorded a few jokes. Then I went home. Wrote a few more jokes and tested them out on my brother and his friend. They were not amused.













No comments:

Post a Comment