Friday, September 9, 2011

Snowboarding in New Zealand

I haven't written a blog post in a long time so I thought I'd write one. What the hell should I write about? Well last week I went to Queenstown in New Zealand to go snow boarding for a few days. To those of you who are Americans, New Zealand is Australia's version of CAnada.

There are lots of ski resorts around Queenstown less than an hours drive away. So it was kind of interesting to try out a few different slopes. We went to three in total, Coronet Peak, The Remarkables and Cardrona. Why did I bold the last ski resort? Find out in just a 2 - infinity minutes, depending on your reading speed.

The first day of boarding took place at Coronet Peak. It was a little bit boring, it is basically a slope for beginners. There weren't too many runs and not too many people on the slopes either. The next day we went to The Remarkables. Going to a different ski resort every day seemed like a very cool idea. It reminded me of the guy in Travels with my Aunt who wanted to sleep in a different house everyday. I think he got crippled and had to settle with sleeping in a different room in a huge house he owned everyday.

Unfortunately a bit of the magic of going to a different ski resort every day died a little bit when I discovered The Remarkables is owned by the same company as Coronet Peak. Lots of things were the same, the lifties uniforms, the food at the cafeteria, the ticket scanning machines and some other things. However the slopes were much much better. There was an awesome terrain park and some really great black and blue runs. Also the road up to the slopes is not accessible without a 4WD car. So we took a shuttle bus up. I think it was a 4WD shuttle bus. Maybe it wasn't, it had huge ground clearance though.

On the third day we gathered the water below the sky, creating land and sea, and caused vegetation to sprout from the land. Actually that's not true, we went to the Cardrona ski resort. Which I do believe was quite a fantastic ski resort. We were not able to fully experience the slopes because of a horrible accident.

After lunch, John was really tired and decided to take a 45 minute break. So Lenny and I decided to do two runs, then meet up with John at the cafeteria and then continue our adventures. It didn't work out that way though. Instead we rode down, got on the chair lift and then collided into each other getting off the chair lift. Somehow my shin ended up being cut by Lenny's board through my pants. The cut went all the way down to the bone!



After the collision my leg hurt, so I hobbled off to the side to take a look at it and I saw a lot of blood. So I called out to the ski patrol guy and he slowly made his way over. He saw the whole thing and probably thought "Stupid idiots can't even get off the ski lift probably and now kicking up a fuss about nothing."


So I got to ride on one of those snow patrol snow mobiles, but when I got to the medical centre the doctor was too busy dealing with other people to stitch it up. So we drove back to Queenstown and got it stitched up there. It needed 14 stitches and took ages. Also the local anesthetic was seriously painful.


In other news, Let's Get Fiscal is pretty much done. I have a few little things to do here and there and I am waiting for comic strips from a guy called RUDY and some cut scene audio from some guys called TREEBOI&KONE.

This means I will be furiously working on the sequel to Rock Bottom which is of course the sequel to Get Rich or Die Gaming.

1 comment:

  1. This blog gives lot of information related to Snow Boarding In New Zealand.
    Snowboarding In New Zealand

    ReplyDelete