Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Rock Bottom Update

Hi everybody. Let me tell you about how great it is to work on a software project with a closed specification. The great thing is things don't change and you can do everything very quickly and efficiently. Vishal wrote the script and the entire game flow for Rock Bottom's demo and this was a great help. I knew what backgrounds I needed, what characters I needed, what audio I needed to record and what stuff I had to code.


Piece of cake. So I quickly hired a character artist and a background artists and recorded all the scenes. Unfortuantely, the guy reading Vishal's plan didn't read it properly. That guy is me. So it turns out I need some more backgrounds and more character art. Shit.


In other news, I went out drinking on Saturday and watched Formula One yesterday. It was a great race and when I went out drinking I had a great time. But what happened on Friday? I watched Source Code.


When I first hear the title I thought "No way am I watching a stupid movie about programming." How did it was stupid? All movies about programming are stupid. Then I was trying to decide what movie I wanted to watch and went to rotten tomatoes. Source code had a really high rating so I read about it and it sounded good. 


It was really good, I especially liked all the awkward scenes when Jake Gyllenhaal was subtlety interrogating people. What else has been happening? I have been coding Rock Bottom like a furious alligator, charging through a boat full of horses.


Check out the fruits of my labour here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ipnxocbx3qkuzmk

No comments:

Post a Comment