Thursday, May 5, 2011

Rock Bottom

Today was a day of recovery and of course, programming and writing emails. What was I recovering from? It all started 24 hours ago, on Tuesday.


Tuesday


I woke up and played StarCraft. Then Kelvin called me and asked me if I wanted to go swimming. I sure did. So I met Kelvin at the swimming pool and we went swimming. Long story short, I swam 21 laps and Kelvin could only manage 17. Bad luck Kelvin, keep trying and don't forget to practice your stroke. His stroke is quite appalling.


Afterwards I went to the supermarket and bought some instant noodles, some marshmallows, some microwavable food and of course Coca Cola. Then I organised to meet with Vishal and Kelvin for beers at Causeway Bay at 8:30 PM. I ate cup noodles for dinner. Then went over to Causeway Bay and to drink a million beers with Vishal and Kelvin. Later on Ben Seib arrived, he had just quit his job.


Does he really need a job though? Soon enough he's going to be ultra famous from all his cameos in my games. So at about 3.00 AM we stopped drinking and went home.


Today


I woke up in a state of thirst, every horse expert knows what to do in such a situation. Reply to the emails in your inbox. A lot of people sent me emails replying to my job post for a background artist. So many that it was really hard for me to keep track of all the quotes and all the portfolios. So my solution was to not reply to their emails and hope they would sort themselves out. I did that for the past two days and it wasn't working.


So I decided to stick the horse in the microwave and get going. I replied to all the artists and finally picked someone. Good job Angus.


Also this time around I am not writing the script or designing the puzzles. Instead that is all up to Vishal. Here's a conversation between Wilson and a prisoner known as Professor X.


Professor X
W: I'm looking for a costume to get made.

X: DO I LOOK LIKE A FUCKING WAGE SLAVE BITCH? I don't make COSTUMES.

W: Um. But i heard...

X: I produce CUSTUMES. Custom made for customers, custard included.

W: Ok. I'd like....a custume. But could you leave the custard seperately?

X: CUSTOLUTELY. Alright, let me just get yo measurements, actually, wait a minute, why would a prisoner such as you require an outfit made?

After writing a lot of emails I coded something and have uploaded to mediafire for you guys to enjoy. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment